(Contributed by Kathleen. Source: http://kathdedon.wordpress.com/2010/09/10/melt-in-your-mouth-homemade-cheese-crackers/)
1 1/2 c. extra-sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 stick butter, softened and cut into pieces
3/4 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. crushed red pepper (this was way too hot for my kids - reduce)
1 T. milk
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Put everything except the milk in a food processor. Pulse the processor, 5 seconds at a time, for about 5 or 6 times, until the dough is in coarse crumbs.
3. Add the milk and process until the dough gathers together in a ball.
4. Roll the dough out on a floured board with a rolling pin that has been floured until it is about 1/8 inch thick.
5. Cut the dough into 1-inch squares with a sharpe knife or pizza cutter. Use the flat end of a wooden skewer to poke a hole in the center of each cracker.
6. Place the crackers at least 1/4" apart on parchment paper on a baking sheet.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the edges are just starting to brown.
8. Cook completely.