Friday, April 6, 2012

Berry Sauce

Contributed by Kathleen PierceOriginal Source: 100 Days of Real Food

Ever since I found the recipe for Berry Sauce on the 100 Days of Real Food blog, I have been scheming about things to put it on because, seriously, it would be good on just about anything.

Berry Sauce

3/4 c. berries
1/4 c. water
1 1/2 - 2 T. maple syrup (I used honey)

Bring all ingredients to a simmer or medium-low heat. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until berries are soft. Then you can strain or use an immersion blender (my preference so that none of it goes to waste).

I really don't follow this recipe, just the concept - basically berries and water and, if you want, sweetener. Add less water if you want a thicker sauce (perfect to mix in homemade yogurt) or thinner if you want a berry syrup (for pancakes).

No comments:

Post a Comment